Advanced Search options
If you want to search an exact words sequence you can enclose your sentence within two quote characters
"John Appleseed was here"
If you want to exclude some specific words form search result you can use the negation symbol
For example, if you want to search for every recipe without broccoli you can type
The negation operator can be also used with quoted sentences or special searches ( see below ).
-"John Appleseed" or
Bear also comes with some special search tokens you can use to filter your notes:
- @tagged : shows the notes which have at least one tag
- @untagged: shows the notes without tags
- @today: show the notes modified the current day
- @yesterday: show the notes modified the day before the current
- @images: shows the notes which contain images
- @files: shows the notes which contain files
- @attachments: shows the notes with files or images
- @task: shows the notes which include at least one todo element, either complete or not
- @todo: shows only the notes with not completed todos
- @done: shows only the notes with all the todos completed
- @code: shows the notes which includes at least one code snippet
The special tokens can be combined with any search term for more specific result:
@images @todo “bear faq” will search for all the notes that have images, uncompleted todos and the text
bear faq inside.