Bear for Apple Watch overview
Bear for Apple Watch allows you to create new notes with just your voice, append text to existing notes, and check off tasks in notes.
- An iPhone running iOS 11 or later
- An Apple Watch running watchOS 4 or later
Record new notes with your voice
Bear for Apple Watch has a New Note button at the top. Tap it, and you can dictate a new note with your voice. Bear will transcribe your words into text and save it as a new note.
One-tap recording with the Watch face complication
You can customize your Apple Watch face to add complications, small widgets of information or buttons that launch apps and actions.
Tap Bear’s complication to immediately launch the app into recording a new note. It’s a quick, convenient way to save an idea for later.
View and edit your 10 most recent notes
Bear for Apple Watch syncs your 10 most recent notes from your iPhone. This includes any pinned notes at the top of your Note List.
Append new text to notes
You can quickly append text to notes in Bear for Apple Watch:
- Swipe left on any note to reveal an Append button
- A recording dialogue with appear. Speak your new text, then tap Done
- Bear will transcribe your words and add them to the bottom of the note
Force Touch for more
You can Force Touch in Bear for Apple Watch to access some extra features:
- On the "new note" button to create a new note by scribble
- On a card in the carosel allow to trash a note
- When viewing a note to add a task item or delete the note
Mark tasks in notes as complete
Bear for Apple Watch can view tasks you’ve added to recent notes with Bear for iPhone, iPad, or Mac.
If you complete a task, you can tap it in the Watch app, and the update will sync back to the Bear note on your iPhone.
If you change Bear’s theme on your iPhone, Bear for Apple Watch will match its icon and colors. This works for the free themes, as well as all current and future themes included in Bear Pro.